Friday, April 02, 2010

Pickin and Grinin - My MLB Predictions

With opening day 2 days away, I guess it's time for me to make my predictions for the upcoming season. Always fun to look back 7 months from now and see how bad you look.....

A.L. East - Yankee's, Red Sox, Rays, Orioles, Blue Jays - Yankee's win 100

A.L. Central - Twins, White Sox, Tigers, Indians, Royals - Twins win 92

A.L. West - Angels, Rangers, Mariners, A's - Angels win 95

N.L. East - Phillies, Braves, Marlins, Mets, Nationals - Phillies win 94

N.L. Central - Cardinals, Cubs, Brewers, Astros, Pirates - Cardinals win 93

N.L. West - Dodgers, Rockies, Giants, Padres - Dodgers win 91

AL Wildcard - Red Sox

NL Wildcard - Braves

AL Champion - Red Sox
NL Champion - Cardinals

World Series Champion- Red Sox

AL MVP - Mark Texeira
NL MVP - Hanley Ramirez

AL Cy Young - Jon Lester
NL Cy Young - Adam Wainwright

So there you have it. Am I a homer for picking the Red Sox? Yup, but I think they've got a very good team and their pitching depth will carry them. As to the awards, yes I know it's trendy to pick Pujols and Halladay in the NL, but I think both are going to be down for a bit with injuries and it'll allow someone else to step in and take the awards. I expect Lester to take that next step like Greinke did last year and Wainwright had a great season last year and he hardly gets mentioned. I think with Jeter finally slipping....... Texeira will get the recognition he should.

Either way, should be a fun season!

Bill

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes you're a homer, but at least you picked the Red Sox to win it, not the Angels!

Tim

Anonymous said...

Not sure about the Cy Young, but I agree Lester's going to have a good year.