Thursday, April 01, 2010

Being John Daly

Is anyone else watching this besides me?

Admittedly I like John Daly, and I have to say I've been enjoying the show. New episodes are on Tuesday nights on the Golf Channel. Due to the lack of programing on the channel, I think they run the episodes (4 so far) about 360 times a week. So if you've missed it, you can catch up real quick...

For those of you that haven't seen it, it's a synopsis, week by week of (drum roll please..............), John Daly. They talk about his struggles with weight, addiction, his golf game and other parts of his life. I think they've done a good job painting a realistic picture of him, not trying to glorify him.

I love his girlfriend. Not so much because she's attractive (truthfully she's not really my type and she's sort of annoying....), but because you can tell she cares about him and has his best interests at heart. Who wouldn't want a woman that sticks up for you and is trying to help you live a good life. If he ever lets her go or she leaves him, expect to read in the paper about 30 days later him overdosing or something.....

One thing I don't like about the show is how much they show him smoking. Enough. We get it. He smokes and smokes a lot........ We don't need to see close ups of him smoking every 45 seconds and blowing smoke into the camera...... Beyond that, everything else about the show I like.

If you get a chance, check it out (even if you're not a golfer). It's very entertaining and only a half hour show, so if you don't like it, you haven't missed anything.

Bill

No comments: