Friday, May 28, 2010

Five For Friday

1) Basketball Wives - I know I haven't done a recap since week 3, but the shows been great, and I'm still watching (Sunday nights, VH1)! The first few episodes centered around Royce (Miami Heat dancer), then it went to Gloria (Matt Barnes wife), then Jen (Eric Williams wife) and now it's focusing on Evelyn (employee #8's long time girlfriend). In the last episode, the girls fly to Los Angeles so Evelyn can confront the person she "thinks" has been emailing and texting her "threatening" stuff. They don't say what that is, but a quick google search shows someone posted nude photo's of her online (I'll wait while you look for the pictures - hint - go to the YBF website... just saying, not that I looked or anything......). She hired a "P.I." (and throwing that slang out there numerous times), before we finally get to see who she thinks it is. Turns out it's Vanessa Davis, wife of Ricky Davis (known psychopath..). Vanessa denies it, Evelyn threatens her and throws a drink in her face. Evelyn looks really bad here with her accusations, so I hope for her sake she's right! Here's an article detailing more info. Vanessa Davis Basketball Wife

2) NBA Playoffs - Well I think I jinxed the Celtics and Lakers last week by claiming it was a lock they'd meet in the finals... Since then, both have struggled with Phoenix and the Magic both winning multiple games to get back into the series. I'm not backing off now, however, the Celtics really need to close it out tonight, otherwise I've got a feeling the Magic are going to pull a "Flyers" and come back after being down 3-0.

3) Ubaldo Jimenez - Has he been lights out for the Rockies or what? With his latest win Wednesday, his record moves to 9-1 with a microscopic era of 0.88... He's currently on a 16 inning scoreless streak. Still a long way to go in the season, but Jimenez has a shot at Bob Gibson's era record of 1.12. Dwight Gooden was the last person to come close in 1985 when he posted a 1.53 era. A fun fact - Ubaldo and I share the same birthday, January 22nd, although he might be a couple years younger.....

4) World Cup Soccer - The US finalized their team the other day and while I had hopes about how far they'd advance, after looking over the roster, I think they're in trouble. World Cup starts June 11th and it takes place in South Africa. I'm a big fan of the World Cup and am looking forward to it. I'll probably have more to say as we get closer, but for now, don't be rooting for the US unless you're a big fan of the long shot!

5) Raiders - Don't you just love the audacity of Al Davis? I see where he's now filed a grievance against Jamarcus Russell trying to reclaim $9.55 million that is owed or was payed... Not quite sure on that... Hasn't Davis done this before with coaches Lane Kiffin and Mike Shanahan? He comes up with some story saying they defaulted on their contracts so he doesn't have to pay what is owed. Man knows no bounds! Usually I'm for the owners in contract disputes as it's usually the player trying to get out of a contract, but in the case of Davis, I gotta go with the employees. It's a running soap opera with the Raiders, that's for sure and until Davis is gone, stuff like this will continue.

Until next week,

Bill

No comments: