Monday, June 01, 2009

What's Bill Thinking?

Here's what's on my mind this overcast Monday morning:

  1. UCI - Eliminated in the College Baseball World Series - I guess I was dissapointed in their early exit... They were the number 1 ranked team in the country the last month of the year but Virginia was too tough and beat UCI in both contests of the Irvine Regionals.
  2. Austin Wood - The relief pitcher for the University of Texas pitched over 12 hitless innings in Texas' 25 inning, 3-2 victory over Boston College on Saturday night. Truly an amazing accomplishment!
  3. Orlando / Lakers NBA Finals - I'm happy with this matchup. I really think Orlando will take out LA. They swept them during the season and was the only team in the league to hold a winning record on both the Lakers and Cavaliers in the regular season. Should be a good series. Dwight Howard is a monster in the middle and the Lakers have no answer for him.
  4. Angels - I was dissapointed in their loss to Seattle on Saturday. Leading by 3 with 2 outs in the 9th, Seattle hits a 3 run homerun to tie it (and eventually win in the 10th). I was just as satisfied with the Angels win on Sunday. Down by 2 with 2 outs in the 9th, they came back and scored 3 runs to win it... Talk about a roller coaster ride! They were down 8-1 in the 6th, but didn't quit. Maybe this is the kick start they needed to get their season rolling
  5. Insignificant Sports - Does anyone care/realize that both the NHL Finals and Tennis' French Open are going on? You barely get a mention of it in the news and well I'm sure they're both being broadcast, I watch ESPN and FSN all the time and I hardly ever hear any times the games / matches, are on...... Sign of the times I guess.

Bill

No comments: