Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Sports News You May Not Know About

I thought these were interesting:

  1. I mentioned last week about Courtney Paris for Oklahoma and how she promised she'd pay back her tuition is the woman's Oklahoma Sooners didn't win the National Championship. Well they didn't and she claims she'll make good. However (or as Stephen A. Smith would say HOWEVVA......), the University President say's he's flattered she'd offer but they don't expect her to fulfill her promise. This actually gives me incentive to follow her WNBA career and see what sort of money she makes..... 
  2. I noticed in the remarks section of the the New York Met's the other day they released 21 year old  minor league pitcher Pedro E. Martinez. Yes Petey's son! Wow, Pedro is 37 and he has a 21 year old kid........ I can't imagine having a kid when I was 16......... 
  3. Boston's opening game yesterday started at 4:06pm as a nod to Ted Williams batting average back in 1941.
  4. Mike's youngest son, Marcus, signed a letter of committment yesterday to play basketball at University of Central Florida. Do you think their attendance will increase this year???
  5. And finally, I saw this clip on YouTube today. Yesterday in a practice round at the Master's, Vijay Singh hit a hole in one. Not totally unusual other than the fact he actually skipped the ball off water........ You gotta see it to believe it (click on title for link). 

Bill

2 comments:

LTolman said...

This is a good section. More, please!

Bill Tolman said...

I'll see what I can do......