Wednesday, March 02, 2011

Sacramento Kings In Anaheim?

God I hope not.

Yes I live near Anaheim and it would be neat having a professional basketball team close by, but I feel it's the wrong move for the NBA. We don't need a 3rd NBA franchise located here, I don't care about the number of people, size of television market, etc.....

If it's not working in Sacramento, there are other places that could offer similar size and market share, that have no competition from other teams. Seattle, Vancouver, Kansas City are three I've heard mentioned that I'd prefer seeing the league move to.

My personal preference? Las Vegas. I think it could be a huge draw having an NBA team there. In the past, the reason no pro teams in the area was due to gambling. I feel thats a non issue nowadays as with the influx of internet and online gaming, it's pretty much irrelevant where a team is located. If someone's going to gamble, they're going to gamble. Concern of people "fixing games" is not isolated to Vegas, it can be anywhere at anytime, the proximity to Las Vegas is a silly argument to keep a franchise from being located there.

Bill


No comments: