Wednesday, March 17, 2010

5 for Fighting

1) Final Four Prediction - I suppose I'm obligated to put up my college basketball prediction. In the final four I've got Kansas, Kansas State, Kentucky and Villanova. I've got Kentucky over Villanova in one semi and Kansas over KState in the other with Kentucky winning it all. I know Kentucky's young but admittedly I like Calipari and it'd be a helluva story him coming into Rupp Arena year one and winning it all...

2) The 7,6,5 Man - I, of course, am talking about Antonio Cromartie, newly signed cornerback of the NY Jets. What do the numbers stand for? He has 7 kids, by 6 different women in 5 different states... I guess he's agile, mobile and fertile! Supposedly today he caught up on his past due child support ($25,000 to $50,000), I've no doubt he'll never miss a payment again..... What's the over/under before he's back in court? A year, 2 years? This is a "man" (and I use that term loosely), thats all of 25 years old.... This will not end well. I wish Vegas took bets on stuff like this.

3) Eldrick - Ok, it's offical. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Tiger Woods. I don't care about his sex addiction, his golf sabbatical or when he's coming back. Yes he's a great golfer but golf was a great sport before he was ever born and it'll be a great sport long after he retires... I probably watched more golf on tv the last couple months while he's been out. To all those tv golf producers out there, believe it or not, people enjoy golf for other reasons than Cheetah Woods.

4) Ron Washington - Interesting story out today about Washington, the Manager of the Texas Rangers. Apparently last summer he tested positive for cocaine. Before the league received the results of the test, he coped to it and went to the league.... Interesting. I honestly don't know what side of the fence I'm on about this... I find it hard to believe this was a one time occurrence. Him doing coke once and then 2 days later being tested. What are the odds? A 100 to 1, a 1,000 to 1??? He's a 57 year old man, what's he doing cocaine for unless he's addicted and can't stop? Yes, I hope he gets help and everything's fine, but really, how does he still have a job? Does he have some black mail photo's of "The Express" or something? It's not like he's some single season, record breaking, western division, world series champion Manager or something..... He has a below .500 record since becoming Manager and has tested positive for cocaine. Really Texas, this is who represents your organization??

5) UFC on Versus - On Sunday night, the UFC will be on Versus (that's a channel in case you didn't know) and 3 interesting fights are on the card. Cheik Kongo vs Paul Buentello, Jon "Bones" Jones vs. Brandon Vera and in a heavyweight bout, Brazilians Junior Dos Santos vs Gabriel Gonzaga (and you know I love my Brasilians!). All 3 fights are very solid and should be entertaining. If you get Versus (Cable channels 334 or 765 HD on Cox Communications), this is a great chance to watch some talented fighters for free. Jon Jones is a young talent on his way up and the match up with Vera should be a good gage whether he's the real deal or not. Same holds true for Santos. A young guy who's got a lot of momentum facing a veteran in Gonzaga who is in need of a comeback win. Tune in Sunday night, 9pm eastern time, 6pm pacific.

Bill

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bill

Should be some great fights on versus. LOVE Jon Jones. He got robbed against Matt Hamil.

Jim

Anonymous said...

Bill, like Jr Dos Santos a lot. Kid looks to be the real deal. Should be an interesting card.

Nick