Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Well I guess that's why they play the game..

Could I have been more wrong? I don't think so!

Well the Florida Gators completely destroyed the Ohio State Buckeyes 41-14 to win the BCS Championship Game. Last week I predicted Ohio State would blow out Florida so it shows you what I know.......

I have to give credit to Chris Leak as I thought he played smart and under control the whole game. Whenever they had a 3rd and long he effortlessly went thru his reads and always found someone wide open. Also his throw for Florida's 1st touchdown was a thing of beauty as he laid it perfectly over the top of the defender.... Good job by him, he looked much better than I've ever seen him.

Troy Smith. Wow, could he have looked any worse? I know he lost Ginn for most of the game, but still, times when he had receivers open, he couldn't hit them.... And what's with the 12 step drops???? I've said all year I wasn't too impressed with him and it'll be interesting to see where he drops in the draft. Would you spend a 1st round pick on him???? Highly unlikely.

I've noticed some mediots posting their early predictions for rankings for next year. How can they do that before they know which undergrads commit to the draft? After that list comes out, I'll put together my rankings.

Ciao,

Bill

No comments: