Wednesday, January 10, 2007

MLK Football Picks.........

As I head out for the holiday weekend by honoring Martin Luther King by playing craps in Vegas, I wanted to give you my football picks.

New Orleans / Philly - I'm tempted to take the Eagles in this but they'll be so excited in NO that they'll probably win a close one. I'll take the Saints 31-27.

Chicago / Seattle - I'm so underwhelmed by the Seahags I can't stand it...... The Bears score early and often and win a laugher 41-10....

Baltimore / Indy - The Colts surprised me last week with their defense but I see that as a one night stand type of thing. I think the Ravens are going to shut down Manning and score easily on offense and win comfortably 31-17. For what it's worth, I think Baltimore is the best team in football and will end up winning the Super Bowl.

Pats / Chargers - Game of the week. I think this game is going to be everything they're building it up to be..... San Diego's favored (as well as they should be), but I think in the end New England does enough to win it. We all know about the Chargers but a couple of interesting notes to keep in mind. Of San Diego's 14 win's 12 of them were over teams that didn't make the playoffs and in those other 4 games they were 2 and 2. Yes the Chargers were 8-0 at home this year but the Patriots were 7-1 on the road along with having the second rated defense in fewest points allowed. Expect this to be low scoring with New England winning 21-17.

Place your bets accordingly!

Ciao,

Bill

No comments: