Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Sox and Mats ............11/15

Thought I'd way in on this....

I like it. Hell it's not my money. Is it a gamble? Absolutely, but I think every now and then you need to say f@$k it and swing for the fences. If Matsusaka turns out to be as good as most expect, the Red Sox get a 26yr old #1 starter to go along with Schilling, Beckett and Papelbon (moved back to the rotation this year). Not a bad rotation....... If he sucks or just can't pitch over here, they've blown a bunch of money, but I think it's worth the risk. They've got the money to spend, why not spend it. The Yankees out spent Boston by about $80 million last year, so I don't want to hear any Skankee fans complaining about Boston trying to buy a championship!

Boston now needs to go out and get a closer, but as of yet haven't heard who they're targeting.

Ciao,

Bill

No comments: