Friday, December 23, 2011

Clippers Celebrations


Nice write up on ESPNLA.com today about the Clippers, their excessive celebrations and comments from Matt Barnes (of the Lakers) about it. Basically Barnes said the Clippers are good and exciting, but do some winning before all the celebrating of dunks and what not.

Now I like the Clippers, hate Matt Barnes, hate the Lakers (I'm now sounding like the late, great Johnny Most and his infamous "I hate Kareem Abdul Jabbar, I hate the Lakers and if an earthquake hit right now and knocked the city of Los Angeles into the ocean, I could care less" rant), however I agree with Barnes here. Do something great to win a game? Yes, jump around and celebrate. Do some amazing highlight reel dunk while the game is relevant? By all means, celebrate to your hearts content. However if it's a meaningless dunk and your team is losing by 20 and your record on the year is 30-42? Shut up and play some defense.

Barnes (and Pau Gasol) also went on to talk about all the "flopping" the Clippers are doing, which is done league wide. Yes that needs to go also, but the referees should be handling that. Thats easily correctable if things get out of control.

Not often I agree with a Lakers point of view, but there you go!

Bill

No comments: