Wednesday, October 06, 2010

I Have A Secret



I LOVE MY DUCKS!

There, I said it, I love my Oregon Ducks football team. I've tried avoiding it for a while, but I can't help myself. I know very little about Oregon (other than Bend is nice....) and other than spending a lot of time in Portland 10-11 years ago, have never been to the University nor know anyone who has, but I love them none the less. I have come up with 3 reasons for my love:

1) Uniforms - They have great uniforms. Not sure if it's just the football team or all athletics, but Phil Knight, CEO of Nike, is a Duck alumnus and large donor to the school, and one of the things they've placed a big emphasis on is the dress apparel. It's always fun tuning into a game and seeing what new look they're sporting. Makes it interesting.

2) Chip Kelly - The football head coach is from Manchester, New Hampshire (graduate from Central) and a 1990 graduate from UNH, so I have to support a fellow New Hampshirite and Wildcat grad. Upon graduation he worked in a few different programs before taking over as offensive coordinator at UNH in 1999 and over the next 7 years, the Wildcats became the most prolific offense in the country garnering him numerous awards including one of the hottest college football coaches in the country. I assume it wasn't for his looks? Anyway, he moved to Oregon in 07 becoming their offensive coordinator and in 09 took over as head coach. The one thing I don't get is he's 2 years older than me, but graduated from UNH 3 years after me, so some where in there he took some time off......

3) I Love My Ducks video - Finally we get to he reason that brought me over. Admittedly I've been walking around my house lately randomly singing this song. It's catchy, fun and the video these kids made to it is very engaging. They've got a couple video's (I Smell Roses and Return of the Quack) which I suggest you check out. I prefer the "Return of the Quack" as I like the scenes with the cheerleaders following them and dancing and hey, anything with former Oregon Ducks and Detroit Lions QB Joey Harrington in it has to be good!



Remember, when it comes to the Oregon Ducks, "it never rains there, it pours touchdowns".

I LOVE MY DUCKS!

Bill


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the Ducks! You should see the school, it is gorgeous. Eugene is a great college town, can bike anywhere, lots of hiking, fall leaves, hmmm sounds a little like New Hampshire. Alec may apply there, I hope so!!!!!