Monday, August 23, 2010

5 For Friday - Monday Edition

Ok, so I'm a few days late and a couple dollars short.....

1) Texas Con Man - Just come out and admit you took steroids Roger and apologize to Congress. The government wouldn't be pursuing this unless they had something substantial on him. They're not going to bring a case to court they think they're going to lose. As much as I despise Clemens, I don't want to see him spend 6 months in jail. Admit what he's done and move forward. What should you take away from this? The government is like Fight Club. First rule of Fight Club? DON'T TALK ABOUT FIGHT CLUB. What's the first rule of government? DON'T LIE TO CONGRESS. Nothing good comes from it.

2) Brett Favre - Speaking of people I despise...... I hope week 2 he gets knocked out, gets his leg broken or something and is done for the year. Karma's a bitch Brett, remember it.

3) Preseason Football - I've actually been watching it this year. Maybe my football interest is coming back. I basically took last football season off. I think my hatred of the Jets is fueling this interest.... This is why rivalries are good, they generate interest.

4) Clay Buchholz - For those that haven't paid attention, Buchholz has been having a monster year for the Red Sox. 15-5 with an AL leading 2.26 era, finally fulfilling all the hype after he threw the no hitter a couple years ago. Good for him, seems like a nice, intelligent, hard working kid. Good to have these types of heroes that young people can look up to. And yes that's a knock against Clemens.....

5) Sweet Lou - Lou Pinella decided to retire from coaching yesterday in order to spend time with his ailing mother. Pinella's one of the few Yankee's I would have liked to have seen with the Red Sox. Played the game the right way. Wears his emotions on his sleeve and always gave an honest days work whether that was in the field as a player or at the ballpark as the manager. I'm sure we'll see him next year behind a microphone someplace as he's a natural talking about the game.

Bill

No comments: