Thursday, September 14, 2006

Power Rankings 9/14

After week one, here's my fabulous top 10:

1) Pittsburgh - defending champion stays #1 till beaten.
2) Baltimore - Still one of the best defensively and McNair won't hurt them like Boller.
3) Philadelphia - I'm rating them higher than others, but after they beat the Gints this weekend, people will jump on board. You saw it here first!
4) Indianapolis - 2 things I don't like about them 1) running back by committee and 2) defense is too small and can get muscled by physical teams.
5) Patriots - Too many people get caught up in what they didn't bring back, not what they have. Improved running game will help control the ball.
6) Chicago Bears - Like Baltimore, with their defense they're in every game. If offense can continue to grow, they are my pick to represent the NFC in the SB.
7) Seattle - I'm putting them here only because they were in the SB last year. They're the class of a weak division which will help them out record wise, but I think this team peaked last year. Branch won't help them out like the media thinks and their offensive line took a big hit.
8) Jacksonville - Here's another team I like a lot. Call them my sleeper pick to go to the SB. Suffocating defense, smart QB and respected head coach. They went 12-4 last season and no one seems to be talking about them...
9) NY Giants - I'm still not sold on them, but they have a lot of weapons. We'll see how they do against Philly on Sunday.
10) Minnesota - Went into RFK and played a nice game. I like their new head coach a lot, he understands how you win in the NFL (defense and a punishing running game). He went out during the off season and brought in another stud offensive lineman (Hutchinson) to go with McKinnie. Brad Johnson does here what Steve McNair will do in Baltimore, manage the game and not cost his team a win.

Those knocking on the door? Dallas, Falcons, Chargers, Bengals.

Ciao,

Bill

No comments: